Life Ready focusses on developing your independence and skills to empower you to live the life you choose.
Life Ready will consist of a series of interactive teleconferences throughout the beginning of 2019 and participants will then have the opportunity to participate in an immersion weekend where they will be supported by peers to develop the practical skills related to living an independent life.
This program will cover the following topics:
- Accessing the support you need to get the most out of your Education
- Careers: looking for work and succeeding at work
- The benefits of peer support and the role a mentor can play in your life
- Moving out of home and living independently
- Getting out into the community and participating in mainstream sport, recreational and cultural events
- Accessing a variety of supports and services
- Tools for self advocacy
Blind Citizens Australia recognises that vision can change at any age and that acquiring independent living skills is a lifelong process. This program is suitable for anyone who will be over the age of 18 by April 2019.
If you would like to participate in the Life Ready program it is expected that you will participate in all of the teleconferences and the immersion weekend as well as an evaluation process at the conclusion of the project.
For more information about the program or if you require assistance to complete your application, please call Sally on 1800 033 660.