Are you an Information Communications and Technology (ICT) professional with experience working with small to medium teams that work remotely?
Do you have knowledge of and experience with screen reading and magnification software and other adaptive technology?
Do you have the ability to support teams and their IT needs and provide helpdesk functions?
Are you a registered business with a current Australian Business Number (ABN)?
If so, we invite your tender to provide ICT services to Blind Citizens Australia (BCA).
Below you will find the service specification for details of BCA’s requirements and further information on how to apply.
Applications close Wednesday 18 November 2020.
Service Specification for ICT Contractor
About Blind Citizens Australia
Blind Citizens Australia (BCA) is the national organisation representing Australians who are blind or vision impaired. Our mission is to inform, connect and empower people who are blind or vision impaired and the wider community.
You or your team is a suitably skilled and experienced ICT professional who will ensure the organisation’s IT needs are met.
We are a small team of 17 working across five states in need of a consummate professional who is able to problem solve, understand the technology needs of people who are blind or vision impaired and can operate help desk functions to support staff of wide-ranging technical ability.
Our organisation currently uses software including SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite, Dynamics 365, and hardware including Surface Pro tablets and laptops. The majority of our team also utilise screen reading and screen magnification software such as JAWS for Windows, NVDA and Zoom Text.
- Timely and efficient management of BCA’s ICT functions
- Proactive, strategic recommendations and guidance provided on software and hardware purchases and upgrades
- Security solutions to ensure devices, information and data are protected
- On call helpdesk functions for remote and office based staff. Must be available between 8am – 6pm AEST weekdays
- There is an expectation of prompt response in case of critical issues – within 2 hours of contact.
- IT support to staff including understanding the use of assistive technology (AT) eg, screen reading and magnification technology as well as provision of IT support to staff who do not use any assistive technology
- Assist staff with evaluation of software and hardware and adaptive technology
- Other ICT duties as required
- Hold a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Previous experience working with assistive technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous work with, or an understanding of, how to communicate with and train staff who work remotely in the use of IT hardware and software
- If an individual contractor, outline the redundancy in place for periods where you may be unavailable or on holidays
How To Apply
Reporting to Angela Jaeschke General Manager Operations, this contract position can be applied for by submitting a tender including your fee schedule, on call support options and responses to the requirements and tasks above.
The position will be initially offered for a 6-month period with the possibility of extension.
Please submit your application by Wednesday 18th November 2020 to Angela Jaeschke email@example.com or call BCA on 1800 033 660 if you require more information.