The Executive Leadership Program (ELP) will support and train a cohort of up to ten leaders who are blind or vision impaired between September 2022 to June 2023.
The program will be delivered online through a series of live and pre-recorded sessions (approximately 6-10 hours per month for nine months, with a break over December).
The curriculum is based on the Social and Human Rights Models of Disability and seeks to use the experience of blindness and vision loss to enhance leadership. It will include:
- Self-reflection tasks;
- Individual coaching;
- Training sessions on governance and operational leadership;
- Observation of BCA and/or partner organisation Board meetings;
- Guest speakers;
- Some homework and reading between sessions.
The monthly training workshops will occur Friday mornings, 10am-12:30pm AEST / AEDT and will include the following:
- Welcome and Introduction
- Intro to Coaching
- Intro to Leadership
- Leadership Journeys
- Intro to Strategic Planning
- Intro to People Management
- Intro to Leadership Communication
- Intro to Advocacy