BCA Inform: Disability Support Pension and Age Pension (Blind)
Tuesday, 5th December at 7:30pm AEDT.
Building on the discussions held at BCA Connect on Policy in September, we invite you to participate in a session where Martin Stewart, BCA’s National Advocacy Officer, will delve into concerns surrounding the Disability Support Pensions (Blind) and the transition to its subsequent iteration the Age Pension (Blind).
This session aims to equip you with valuable insights, where you will be given the opportunity to pose questions and gain a comprehensive understanding of topics such as the recent income reporting issue and the intricacies of transitioning between pensions. Join us for an engaging exploration of these important issues.
To register please visit the Humanitix website.
If you have any questions, or if you require assistance registering, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call 1800 033 660.
What is BCA Inform?
BCA Inform is a BCA-hosted monthly round table event that shares the work the organisation has been involved in and the work of other stakeholders that directly relates to people who are blind or vision impaired.
Notice of Event Recording
Please note that in the interest of accessibility, all BCA online events are recorded and made available to the public via the BCA website and the completion of your registration provides consent for this recording.
If you would rather not have your contributions to the session recorded, you may submit your questions or contributions to BCA staff by calling 1800 033 660 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24hrs prior to the event, or you may access the recording rather than attending the live event.
- November 2023: Responding to the Disability Royal Commission
- October 2023: Voice to Parliament Referendum
- September 2023: Standing for Election
- July 2023: Challenges with Taxi and Rideshare Services
- June 2023: Talking healthcare with the National Policy Council
- May 2023: Support workers
- April 2023: Self-advocacy
- March 2023: Member Consultation – Constitution Review
- February 2023: Member Engagement
- December 2022: Audio Description
- November 2022: An Update on the Disability Royal Commission
- October 2022: BCA Elections
- September 2022: NDIS Update
- August 2022: Banking and Financial Services
- July 2022: Strategic Plan
- June 2022: Concessions
- May 2022: Federal Election
- April 2022: Employment
- March 2022: Education
- February 2022: NDIS Participant Portal and “My NDIS” Mobile App
- October 2021: Standing for Election
- September 2021 Recommendations Session
- August 2021: Projects, Policy and Future Prospects
- July 2021: Wayfinding – let the adventures begin, again!
- May 2021: Taxi and Rideshare Transportation
- April 2021: BCA’s Service Charter
- March 2021: BCA’s International Engagement
- February 2021: The Year to Come: An Overview of BCA’s 2021 Project-based Opportunities for Member Engagement
- December 2020: The Year That Was – A panel discussion on BCA’s 2020